I have to confess something- I have a bit of a blog crush on Whirly Bird (a.k.a. Johanna Inman). She has mighty good taste! And for that reason, and that reason only (okay, that and I love a good collection of UBI's) I'm also going to compile my list of 7 useless fun facts about myself, like she did a few days back.
1. My fingers and toes are almost always cold, even though I am almost always drinking tea.
2. I am a proud third-year university drop out. And though I won't get into the myriad reasons I think post-secondary education is a racket, I will state for the record that in spite of this, there are few things I love more than learning- just not in that structured setting. I have been known to read textbooks for fun.
3. I have a weakness for vintage glasses, and have been rockin' the cat's eyes since highschool. I have 2 pairs currently in need of lens-ing, but am finding it harder and harder to find places willing to put my lenses into old frames. Because of this, I bought a couple pairs of "modern" frames last year, and subsequently have not felt like myself since. Let's back it up a little further...The REAL reason I went in to look for new glasses was because, while hiking near Canmore, I went to swat a mosquito away from my face, caught the arm of my signature (yes, signature) white cat's eye glasses, tossed them about 6 feet, and broke the frame. I actually cried.
4. I can't think of a single food I don't like, or wouldn't be willing to try.
5. I have a face designed for jeans & t-shirts. Although I really like pretty dresses and skirts, and ladylike dressing, I can only ever pull it off from the neck down. I need hair lessons, I think.
6. My nickname is Guns.
7. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.
How about you?
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Big things are set to occur one decade after I graduated from highschool.
1) Buy a house. No more renting.
2) Train to run 12km. in the mountains.
3) Get married. Also, in the mountains.
4) Buy my own automobile.
Now we all know resolutions are made to be broken, but there are some simple things I'd like to change this year. I'll write them down in ink, though. After all, it's harder to break resolutions when pen has met paper. You may as well be writing it in stone.
Happy New Year, kids!
Posted by Guns at 10:18 PM