Sunday, March 23, 2008

House list

-The disgusting terracotta faux finish is a last 2 coats away from being totally gone. Thank goodness!! Just the kitchen and bedroom left to do!

-The turquoise paint is beautiful- so rich!

-At-home/non-pay laundry is awesome!

-Watching magpies being chased by a chubby kitty while washing out brushes reminds me of how nice it will be to live on the ground again.

-Yellow has the worst coverage of any paint. Especially when covering up terracotta faux finish.

-At first the piano was exciting, but I have now begun to find it annoying that we are expected to live with someone else's furniture taking up an entire wall in an already awkward room, with no way of moving it or painting behind it -the wheels have been taken or broken off, destroying the pedals in the process. Especially since I have no idea where I will put my organ now.

-We have some kind of fruit tree in our yard! I can't wait to see what it is!

-I love old houses. I love (and I'm not being facetious) that the door jambs aren't straight, that the walls have 80 years of texture to them, that I can feel the floor's rolls and ridges, that it creaks when you walk, that we actually have removable winter windows, that the air vents are ornate, that the bathroom doorknobs are crystal...

-Can't wait for my first bath in the tub!!

No comments: