Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Cupcakes!

So, I've been feeling a little, err, off for the past few days- generally unfocused, unmotivated, blah. I talked to Shawn after he got to work this morning, and he suggested I make cupcakes to de-funk myself.

After I hung up I thought, THAT'S IT!

I haven't baked and decorated cupcakes since....well, probably Christmas!

So here are my spring cupcakes! I tried to pull off dahlias, and although I don't think I quite got it, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out!






...maybe I'll pretend these are belated Aku and Tomas Magnum birthday cupcakes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look awesome! I'm pretty impressed with your icing skills. I've been dreaming of taking a cake decorating course lately, but the trouble with baking in my house is that we have no self control when it comes to eating it, so my boyfriend has asked for a once a week limit on baking sugary treats.

jaime said...

Screw human geography...I think you should open a bakery! I would frequent it, even if it means that I have to go to Edmonton. And this coming from a girl who doesn't even like cupcakes.

april said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL! Seriously! SO pretty!
Did they taste as good as they look?
I bet you didn't even use a mix, so they probably were!!!