Thursday, October 29, 2009

I used to really love writing...

I wonder what happened? I don't write down much more than grocery and to-do lists in ink any more, though I used to carry a notebook with me everywhere. And typing? Well, it's abundantly clear that this blog is relatively neglected, and yet some of the most important conversations I've had have been clackety-clacked out in front of a desk top. Maybe that was the problem- writing became conversational, less exploratory, and seeing how I generally dislike people (present company excluded) the conversational association has turned me off.

Maybe?

I really don't know. I did have a dream I was a writer last week. Shawn was calling me down from some attic workspace for dinner, and I was frantically rummaging through papers, with manuscripts piled up next to me.

I'll blame post-secondary education (Okay, okay. Just in part. Not wholly.) for extinguishing any spark of individuality my prose may once have carried. Not that I deny the utility of editing- far from it- I can go off on a tangent just as easily as the next person...

Wait...What was I just saying?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that the love of writing didn't leave, it just took you ahwile to get back to it!! But I think all who read your posts will agree, it's back!! I really like the dream, it can see it!! Maybe you should buy a beautiful journal and do some writing the old fashioned way with paper and pen!!
Yup....<3 mum