Thursday, October 8, 2009

Time to dig out the Sorels...

Mark it down. First snow, 2009. One month and three days earlier than last year. With temperatures set to dip into the negative double digits tonight, winter may be here.

It really is true that autumn in Edmonton lasts about a week- much to my chagrin (autumn is my favouritest of seasons after all). Two weeks ago it was +30! With those kinds of temperature fluctuations, it's no wonder everyone gets sick this time of year. Not me- I eat my spinach every day, drink lots of tea, lots of water, stay bundled up regardless of how nerdy I look, keep out of doors, eat lots of berries, and wash my hands (and by "wash" I mean SOAP AND WATER not those crappy hand sanitizers!)!

Speaking of sanitary conduct...I'm always disgusted by how little regard people have for others when it comes to sneezing and coughing. COVER YOUR MOUTH. And yes, your precious designer coat may get a smudge (boohoo) but just because you can afford four digit clothing, does not mean you are allowed to spew your mucosal shrapnel everywhere. Stick your freakin' face in your sleeve- PLEASE. Is complete disregard for others part of the age of entitlement?

ANYHOO...In other happy news, I've recently acquired a (second) job with a company I really love! Only four days off this month- eep! Thankfully the growl (first) job "days off" that have been replaced with lovely (second) job shifts, are just like paid days off! Foot in the door...Fingers crossed for more involvement with lovely in the future, and less with growl!

Time to cuddle up in bed with something light- like essays outlining the effects of globalization and shifting economic policy and legislation on rural communities! If Shawn wasn't in Vancouver on a crazy overnight trip to see a show, I'd be cuddling up with something much better.

So goodnight! And remember kids- cover your coughs and sneezes, try to mind and be kind to those around you, and if you ate today, thank a farmer.

1 comment:

Austin said...

I feel your pain on the cold and sneeze front. It snowed here Friday night too. What the hell? Also what is wrong with people. Don't turn away from the friend you are talking to, to sneeze in my face. Also, why would anyone cough in my face? I don't fart in their faces? Maybe I will start doing that. Let's start a revolution!